Yes, I added on but found that this method of assembly really does take up a lot. It was barely enough but I decided to add a little more ease, just in case. Once cut you are committed and I can take up easier than let out on this project! So It will be another day before I cut.
Meantime the boobie prize for the Bunko was a hit last night. It ended in a 4 way tie for most losses so they rolled off. The winner seemed happy with her prize. I wove the napkin on the 14″ square and crocheted the edging to make it a bit fancier. The yarn is some nice acrylic in bright colors. I added a loaf of frosted cinnamon raisin bread. It was supposed to go into a bamboo bread basket but the basket proved too small for my husky loaf. Ah well..
I am assembling! If I were not already set on another path, I think this would make a very attractive baby blanket or light weight lap robe, maybe. But made great progress today, I believe. The bed is the only place I have that’s big enough to lay it all out. I got the rest of the strips to length, sorting though the skeins to find the needed colors. They don’t all transition smoothly but I’m satisfied.
Here’s the first bunch of strips sewn together. I really like the way it looks. This is the top, the public side.
And this is the bottom, the underneath. Either side would work but I like the textured side. And besides. I think the smooth side will be better next to me.
More coming! Edited to say: More needed! After sewing the entire thing together I find the seams have taken up a bit more than I figured on so I need to add about 5″. I think two more rows should do it. At least that’s where I am going to start. Pictures are pretty much the same but maybe show detail a bit more. It really is a pretty rainbow, in non-rainbow colors! did I mention that the colorway is called Calming Desert? I guess it’s supposed to be spring in the desert, which is probably timely, tho I haven’t seen spring in the desert in a couple years.
Looking a lot like winter here! I’m staying in and weaving. Making new “mug rugs” for my soup bowls. I really like those. I used acrylic, which don’t stain easily and and wash up quickly in the kitchen sink. Still working on the Shall in a ball blouse, too. It’s taking a lot of 4″ squares.
Andway, Hope your new year is starting off well and you are staying warm!
This one on the right above requires a bit of explanation. I thought I’d try cutting first and stitching later. Bad idea Even trying to be oh so careful it ended up ruffled. I did mange to fix it but did the other side correctly and you can see the difference. Now you’ve had that lesson with no pain of your own! lol
I started Crocheting around the sleeve and after a couple inches decided that that was not good so ripped and found some bias tape which I stitched on instead to make nice neat hems.
Then I found this lace collar among my ‘stuff’. I soaked it into the left-over morning coffee. What do you think? keep or lose? By the way, the color difference is just lighting.
Played with the 7″ Quilt Weaver Square yesterday and worked a experimental hounds-tooth. Trouble is that the pin count is an odd number so it doesn’t come out even. Going to have to play with it a bit more. Tried it on the diagonal but goofed that one up and frogged it. It will work but it may be a bit loose, I’ll have to do it again and full it before I decide. The diagonal 2 red-1 white worked out evenly and looks nice.
I’ll keep playing with these. If you want more information, I posted a project page on Ravelry. I also got out the bag of 4″ squares I have previously woven and am intending to work on that again since the xmas vest ran short. I may have to wait for OFFF in Sept to find more of that yarn or something as a go-with.
Meanwhile we’re at the stage of winter/spring when Mother Nature can’t seem to make up her mind which it is to be. Hard to decide plans from day to day. But I think my plans so far for today is to weave and not do much else. Hope you are getting some weaving time!
Here is a little project I have been working on occasionally this fall. I have not quite decided what it’s going to be. right now I am just playing. I also posted this to Ravelry so if you are a member there you may have seen it. I am using the Multi looms because this is sock weight yarn. I bought it at OFFF and have the label somewhere, I’ll look it up. It is hand dyed superwash wool, that I do remember. But after weaving a couple 6” squares, I knew I was going to get bored before the entire large skein was done so got the idea to make 6” squares using the other sizes. I have not run out of options yet. And have not decided if I am going to involve the triangles or not. As you can see I have also not done anything with the tails either. But it is kind of interesting to see how close to the original 6” I can get. The top center block was put together by sc each side and then slip stitched the two sides together. I like how that looks but found that it makes the block just a tince too wide and with more than one seam it makes them way too wide. That could be compensated for by working an edging around the outside of the block but I decided to go with a narrower join, just one row of sc. I chose this dark maroon yarn because I thought it toned the red & green down a bit and also being a bit smaller yarn the seams would be a little less bulky. It’s already been redone once and is still subject to frogging. And I expect it’s going to be a long time finishing. 🙂