My order From JoAnn’s with the fabric stabilizer arrived. I never saw anything that said how wide it was so only ordered 2 yards thinking it was probably was wide as the iron on interfacing of many ears ago, but it wasn’t so I just applied it to the top yoke part where I needed to cut. I think that’ll be fine and it really really helped with the cut and sew part! I wasn’t really sure what I was doing to it my all peel off eventually but it seems fine now.
I ran a top stitch around the neckline when i had it sewn together just to make sure noting starts raveling. and then I basted the thing together and tried it on. It may be a little wide across the chest, it’s hard to really fit something to yourself, but it’s not tight, even in the sleeve. I won’t post everything here but if you have any questions let me know and I’ll see if I can answer them. I zigzaged all the seams. One thing I discovered about my sewing, maybe it’s from making doll clothes, but I tend to run my seams too narrow, had to redo a couple.
So now I have to figure out how to finished the neckline. I usually knit or crochet an edging but with the stabilizer that will be difficult. It could be worked separately and sewn on and I am considering that. Or I might come up with a facing for it. But huge steps have been taken today!
But my helper has gone over the Rainbow bridge this week. I’m going to miss him.